FinCom’s vision is to be recognised as a trusted source of financial support, management and information. Our processes are underpinned by industry standard bookkeeping principles and DTE rules. Our services help the DTE Board, Directors, committees, members and our suppliers of goods and services to track and optimise the use of Cooperative funds. Our operations contribute to ensuring the financial sustainability of our cooperative into the future.
FinCom’s mission is to provide high quality financial support and bookkeeping services to DTE Board, Committees and members. Support includes:
- monitoring budget application approvals and transfer of funds;
- prompting and training cardholders on when and how to submit their documentary evidence (receipts) of expenditure;
- managing and validating a transaction database (Gsheet);
- extracting GST, supplier, amount and link receipts to corresponding bank statement transaction;
- coding area/budget, event and spend category and
- Preparing transaction data for uploading to Xero by our Bookkeeper.
- periodic reports to cardholders,
- operational reports to the Board and its sub-committees, and
- core data to generate annual financial statements to help track expenditure and assist the organisation to make informed decisions.
- Member focus
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- We mean what we say and say what we mean