Minute Keeper Procedure
Preparing for taking the Minutes
- Use - Created 20230810
- Copy the Template into - Use save as or download upload functions
- Rename Template
- Follow instructions on the template
- Copy/Paste Agenda Items to appropriate template
- When done Save as PDF
- Send PDF copy to David Cruise
- Send PDF copy to either ccmail@, ocmail@ or secretary@
- Agenda Items
- Time meeting started
- Chairperson and Minute Taker
- Register attendees
- Confirmation of previous minutes
- Update Action Log
- Correspondence & payments
- Agenda Items
- Time meeting ended
For Resolutions Record
- The Motion
- The Mover of the motion
- Seconded by
- Amendment to the motion (if required)
- Accepted / Not Accepted. PBM passed by majority, PBC passed by consensus.
If a vote has a close count, record the numbers of those for and against.
After minutes are typed
- Upload draft copy to dte.coop. Email draft to David Cruise
After minutes are ratified
- Adjust minute heading to Confirmed and record date when ratified.
- Upload draft copy to dte.coop & email draft to David Cruise
- It is disrespectful to correct the minute taker via shared email platforms. Adjustments to minutes are to be done at the following meeting when being ratified.
- People who criticise the minutes and minute taker in an unconstructive manner are directed to type them next time.
- Prioritise properly framed motions and business matters before general discussions
University of Western Australia - How to write and Take Minutes